About Me

My photo
MY name is Amy Stork. I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have two children Nicholas who is 5 and Ashlynn who is 2. I started college right after high school but decided to quit to get married and have kids. Last fall (2008) I decided it was time to finish so I started back!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan. 17th Blogs

DID YOU KNOW

This video really made me realize that it has not been THAT long ago that the Internet has taken over our everyday lives. I was shocked by most of the numbers on the video. It also made me curious so I watched the rest of the videos on here like it and I really couldn't believe some of the stuff on there! The thing that I think I was most shocked at was the number of babies born while I was watching the video.

Mr. Winkle Wakes

This video is about Rip Van Winkle waking up after 100 years and learning that computers were in most places except for schools. He was very comfortable in the schools because he was not used to computers. I thought this video was very entertaining but also very true! I think that schools should be the first place that there is new technology so that kids can learn it early and begin to use it in there everyday life. While hospitals do need technology just think how much better and easier it would be to learn on that technology if you had been using it since you were 5.

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

This video discusses the importance of children's creativity and how we need to adapt our teaching styles to them instead of trying to make all children college professors. Ken is so funny but makes makes a really good point. It makes such good sense not to kill a child creativity. The point about children giving things a chance without the fear of being wrong made me really think about my own 5 year old son and how he will just do things just to see what will happen and how I always try and make him sit down and think things through before doing them. I mean I know that is something that he has to learn I may do it a little differently after watching this. He was so true about women and multitasking and I never knew why until now!! I do have to say that this was one of the most interesting lectures I have listened to in a while. It touched close to home for me when he began to talk about Gillian Lynne as we just had my son tested for ADHD and his IQ is 137. I struggle with whether or not to put him on medicine and this really made me think harder about it.

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

This video was about a teacher in rural Georgia that teaches a technology class. I was so impressed by this teacher and hope to inspire kids the way she is. Her class is really opening the door to all kids. Like she said in the video some kids have trouble when there is just paper. I strongly agree with that. In the case of some kids, like my son, there minds are moving so fast that is hard to get on paper what he is trying to say. I have found that using the computer and teaching him to type his words that he's a lot less frustrated.

by: Amy Stork


1 comment:

  1. Good job Amy. Do not forget that I am looking for two good paragraphs per topic (6-8 sentences). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete