About Me

My photo
MY name is Amy Stork. I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have two children Nicholas who is 5 and Ashlynn who is 2. I started college right after high school but decided to quit to get married and have kids. Last fall (2008) I decided it was time to finish so I started back!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feb. 14 Post

Here is my comments for kids post...

Hi! My name is Amy and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL USA. I really liked your story and I think if you keep it up you could be a really good writer one day! I think my favorite paragraph was the third one because you used very descriptive words that made me really be able to picture what you were saying. Good job and keep up the good work. I look forward to reading more!! If you would like to read my blog you can find it here
http://storkamyedm310.blogspot.com/
Amy Stork

I commented on Sharna's blog. I found this little story very interesting. She wrote about a spider and used a lot of very descriptive words. I think she will be a very good writer one day.

Here is the link to her blog: Sharna's Blog


WIKIPEDIA



I listened to and read all the information about Wikipedia and this is what I suspected for a long time. Wikipedia is the most unreliable source ever! The fact that anyone can change or post anything on there is just plain ridiculous. I do however like the fact that the college student came up with a way to track who was changing or posting things, but that doesn't change the fact that if someone wants to edit something written about them or their company they can't go to another computer and do it. I don't ever believe that Wikipedia should be aloud to be a source for anything.

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung




At the Teacher's Desk

I was really glad that Dr. Strange had us read this blog! I enjoyed reading about his journey and experiences in teaching. In my comment to Mr. McClung I said, I am a student in Dr.Strange's EDM 310 class and this was an assigned reading in his class and I am very glad it was. I am not a teacher yet but I can only imagine being overly worried about trying to please and impress my superior and not the children. That very thing is something that I really haven't giving any thought to until now. Since the students are the real reason we are there then it only makes since to do our best to make sure that they have the best of us every day. I bookmarked your blog so that I can read it again when I do start teaching because I think it will help me be a better teacher to my students!
Thanks again, Amy Stork

You can contact me by twitter (nickash520) and my class blog is http://storkamyedm310.blogspot.com

Again this was very encouraging to me as a future teacher!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think about the aspect of "impressing my superiors" until I read your blog. I do under stand what your saying about doing our best for our students because they are the real reason we are there! I also loved this assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100% about wikipedia. I do not trust wikipedia at all. I mean our professors tell us to stay away from this site. The fact that anyone can edit and change entries just proves to me even more why I do not like Wikipedia. Mr. McClung's blog I believe is a quick look into my future lol. I am happy I got to read his blog he helped me realize that I won't be the only person going through that my first year as a teacher. Hopefully by reading his blog I will remember not to be like that. Its all trial and error though.

    ReplyDelete