About Me

My photo
MY name is Amy Stork. I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have two children Nicholas who is 5 and Ashlynn who is 2. I started college right after high school but decided to quit to get married and have kids. Last fall (2008) I decided it was time to finish so I started back!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 7th Posts

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture




I don't even know where to begin to comment on this "Last Lecture" except to say that it brought me to tears several times. It was one of the most meaningful lectures that I have watched. Even though it was an hour long it didn't seem that way. They way he looks at life is really inspiring. I mean here is a man that was dying and still wanted to "have fun" everyday. The legacy that he leaves behind will be a great one.
He spoke many times about using a "head fake" to teach people something without them knowing that you are teaching it to them. I truly enjoyed this. I have done this several times with my children. People are always singing songs and seem to always know that words to them so what better way to teach someone something than to put it to music. I think this is a perfect example of a "head fake".
In the lecture he spoke of accomplishing your childhood dreams. This was so inspiring for me because my biggest dream as a child was to be a teacher. I would line all my dolls up and "teach" them everyday. So for me getting my teaching degree will be my biggest accomplishment.
I think that his children will someday look back on this lecture and books that he wrote and think WOW my dad was something special and I want to continue his legacy.

Comments for kids week 8

I commented on day 106 of this kindergarten class's blog. This day happened to be my birthday!! They reply every time I write them something.
Hi! My name is Amy Stork. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. Day 106 in your class happened to be my birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I LOVE reading your class blog and seeing what you all are doing everyday. I have a son who is also in Kindergarten and I wish his class had something like this. By the way your book fair looks great! I hope you all got everything on your wish lists!! Keep up the good work!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I agree this video was super sad, very well written blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to teach my stuffed animals on a daily basis! It was my morning ritual when I was little. Childhood dreams are so imporant, and this video really emphasized that. It was a very sad, yet inspirational video!

    ReplyDelete