About Me

My photo
MY name is Amy Stork. I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6 years and have two children Nicholas who is 5 and Ashlynn who is 2. I started college right after high school but decided to quit to get married and have kids. Last fall (2008) I decided it was time to finish so I started back!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Comments for Teachers wk 10&12

I had issues with my teachers that i had to email Dr. Strange about which is why I am just now posting.



My teacher for weeks 10 and 12 was Tom Johnson. I found his blog to be very entertaining and enlightening. Here are my comments that I left!

HI! My name is Amy Stork and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I was assigned to follow your blog and post on three topics. I really think that it would be a great idea a phone in the classroom BUT, like you said the school would probably not let the students use them!! I think it is awful that there are endless possibilities out there for students to learn but schools are either too set in their ways or too afraid to let them use them! I look forward to reading more of your blog! You can find my blog at http://storkamyedm310.blogspot.com/


Hi!
Let me start by saying how much I enjoyed reading this post. Everything you argued for is something that is very important to me! If children cannot ENJOY learning then why should they keep doing it. Oh yes I know out of fear of the punishment they will receive or better yet the fear of not being rewarded. It has gotten ridiculous at how much time and effort is put into coming up with "rewards" for children to learn when all that really needs to happen is a LOVE OF LEARNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment